The Lo Down

My photo
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Adam Jackson is a sports journalist at the Kitchener Post and Waterloo Chronicle under the Metroland banner. Jackson is also an award-winning photographer.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy Weekend

This weekend, I spanned about 500 km from Belleville. Friday night was spent in Kingston shooting Frontenacs vs. Bulls and Saturday night was spent in Toronto at Nuit Blanche.

Shooting Nuit Blanche was an interesting experience. It was a little difficult technically, but there were lots of lights to play with so I did not use flash what-so-ever.

Bit of a love/hate relationship with this photo. I decided to shoot the game with my 17-55mm lens because I had gotten a little bored of telephoto hockey photos. When this fight broke out, I was on the other corner, shooting through the hole. I saw the fight, quickly ran over to the glass and started shooting. The frame right before this caught a better moment, but wasn't sharp. Nature of the beast I suppose.

Twitter