The Lo Down

My photo
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Adam Jackson is a sports journalist at the Kitchener Post and Waterloo Chronicle under the Metroland banner. Jackson is also an award-winning photographer.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

City Council

Something that I've been working on recently is shooting things a little differently than what is the expected or "safe" shot. Every time I enter a situation I need to photograph, I do a 360 look of the room. I look for vantage points, light sources, anything I can climb on etc. Being observant and using the room to your advantage is key for making interesting photographs.

I was assigned to shoot city council in Belleville for the school paper. The woman in the pictures is Maureen Piercy, the president of Loyalist College. She was in front of city council asking for $1 million to pay for equipment for a new building that was built.







Twitter